The 2019 HCSO Charity Golf Tournament was held at Pebble Creek Golf Course on Friday, April 5th. This years event supported the Boy's and Girl's Club of Tampa Bay. 36 teams competed for 18 holes to see who was the best!
After the action, participants enjoyed a catered lunch by Maggiano's, along with a chance to win thousands of dollars in raffle prizes.
The 2019 event SOLD OUT and raised over $22,000 for charity. Check back for updates and registration information on the 2020 event.
The 2019 Fallen Heroes Memorial Bike Ride took place in the scenic countryside of Seffner. Each participant chose between a 25 or 50 mile course with support vehicles and water stations provided.
This years event raised over $3,000 for the HCSO Memorial Plaza and Memorial Ceremony.
Look for the details on the 2020 ride coming soon!
The 2019 Fishing Tournament was held on Saturday June 15, 2019 at the exclusive Westshore Yacht Club. This Redfish, Snook and Trout tournament attracted over 80 boats looking to win the Slam.
The 2019 event raised over $25,000 for Meals on Wheels of Tampa while participants enjoyed a catered lunch from Carrabbas and tried their best to win thousands of dollars in raffle prizes.
The 2019 HCSO Ranch Run will be held at Temple Terrace Elementary School, located at 124 Flotto Ave in Temple Terrace on Saturday, September 14th, 2019. This year’s theme is a Hawaiian Luau Party. Come dressed in your favorite family friendly luau gear and do the 1 Mile Fun Walk or the 5k, 10k, or 15k. Finisher medals will be provided to all participants of the 5k, 10k, and 15k.
Last Years event raised over $21,000.00 for the Florida Sheriff's Youth Ranches.
Packet pick-up dates:
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019 from 2pm-6pm at the HCSO District 2 Office located at 2310 N. Falkenburg Rd Tampa, FL 33619
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019, from 3pm-7pm at the Running Center located at 14427 N. Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa, FL 33618
Thursday, September 12th, 2019, from 2pm-6pm at the HCSO History Center located at 2001 N. 19th St, Tampa, FL 33605.
7:00am 10K & 15K Race Start
7:30am 5K Race Start
8:00am 1 mile Fun Walk Start
The 2018 sporting clays shootout was hosted by Sheriff Chronister at Tampa Bay Sporting Clays in October. Almost 400 people participated in this outstanding event.
Participants were treated to breakfast by Chick-Fil-A and Hole-In-One Donuts, along with a custom coffee station by Alba Coffee. After several fun hours of shooting, the participants were greeted by the smell of Carrabbas on-site catering who provided lunch. The lunch was only complete after participants enjoyed Mike's Pie's for dessert.
For some, after lunch was the most anticipated part of the day because of the raffle prize drawings. Participants were given the chance to win more than 12 different guns, including custom cerakoted Glocks, shotguns, and a .50 caliber rifle. Luxury vacations, various electronics and outdoor gear were also up for the taking.
The 2019 event planning has already started. Save the date on your calendars for Friday, October 11, 2019. Get your team together today because last years event SOLD OUT, testing the capacity limits of Tampa Bay Sporting Clays.
Register your team now, because you won't want to miss this years event!
Come join the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office for the inaugural Sheriff Chad Chronister's One Pitch Softball Tournament. This double elimination tournament will take place at Greco Softball Complex at 11000 50th St in Tampa, on Saturday, November 2, 2019 with a first pitch time of 8:00 am. Food trucks will be on-site with food available for purchase and all teams will be provided event shirts and game balls.
A variety of sponsorship levels are available now! Click the link below to join in the fun!
One-Pitch Softball Rules
1. Tournament is a double-elimination slow-pitch softball tournament.
2. Each participant must sign a waiver.
3. Each team must fill out a roster.
***There is a 10 player minimum and 12 player maximum on the number of players on the roster*** (Ages 16 and up)
4. Male and/or Co-ed teams available. Co-ed teams must be divided equally into male and female players.
5. Teams must alternate gender in the batting order.
6. The Coach/Captain/Team Manager must fill out the line-up card prior to the start of each game. ***All players (12 max) on the roster can bat (Offense), but only 10 players are allowed on the field at a time (Defense)
7. For Co-ed teams, at least two males and two females must be present in the infield and the outfield on defense.
8. For Co-ed teams, there must be a female and male pitcher and catcher. ***If the pitcher is a female then the catcher must be a male or vice versa***
9. There is a 30 minute time limit for the first two (2) games per team. Thereafter, there is a 45 minute time limit per game, unless extra innings are needed in the event of a tie.
***Extra Innings: the runner will be put on 2nd base to start the inning (Offense)
10. There are six (6) innings per game or the designated time limit is reached, unless extra innings are needed.
11. Five (5) runs are the maximum number of runs allowed per inning per team.
12. Courtesy runner may be used for one (1) designated player. The courtesy runner will be the last batter out.
13. The batter gets one (1) pitch only.
Ball = Walk
Strike + No swing = Out
Foul Ball = Out
Swing + Miss = Out
Homerun = players do not have to run the bases
14. For Co-ed teams, if a male batter is walked, the female batter batting after him has the option to also walk or to bat.
15. For Co-ed teams, if a male batter is walked, he advances two bases.
16. Ten (10) run rule after 5 innings.
17. Ball measurements are 12”, 52 core, 300 compression
18. NO ILLEGAL BATS
19. NO METAL SPIKES